Chemotherapy and Immunotherapy Guidelines and Recommendations for Practice
The Oncology Nursing Society has been your go-to resource for evidence-based guidelines and education on chemotherapy administration and side effect management.
Building off the foundation established in previous editions of the Chemotherapy and Biotherapy Guidelines and Recommendations for Practice, this completely revised and updated text expands the foundational information you rely upon for your practice to include the latest advances related to nursing care of patients receiving antineoplastic therapies.
Chemotherapy and Immunotherapy Guidelines and Recommendations for Practice features 26 chapters examining multiple categories of cancer-care agents, including chemotherapy, immunotherapy, molecularly targeted agents, and hormone therapy. You'll find information and features such as:
- Pathophysiology and management of toxicities related to antineoplastic treatment, with evidence-based guidelines.
- Information on the unique side effects of immunotherapy agents and their management.
- Safe administration of cancer therapies, including a chapter on prevention and management of infusion-related reactions with current evidence-based strategies.
- Comprehensive drug tables in each chapter and new and updated figures, tables, and algorithms.
- Professional considerations such as scope and standards of practice, professional education, policies and procedures, antineoplastic medication safety, ethical and legal issues, and patient education.
Adhering to national, state, and institutional standards is a fundamental responsibility of all nurses. These guidelines explain and reference standards that oncology nurses should be aware of and follow. This book is an essential resource to enhance your care of patients with cancer.